- Slim Loader III
New flash card
from the XG-Flash family. It is called XG2Turbo 2005. The set that we were looking at had 1Gb (1 Giga bit = 256 Mega Bytes) flash card
but sets with 512M and 256M XG2 Turbo cards arealso available.
XG2 Turbo 2005 Linker Set
Comes packaged in a nice gift box with:
- 1 x USB XG2 Slim Loader III
- 1 x XG-Flash 2 Turbo
- 1 x CD with Software
- 1 x USB Exteton cable
- Come with the smallest USB full speed loader in the world,the size of loader just same with one gba cart,
- Build in the first battery changeable system in the world,you can replace the battery in one second!
- Support TEXT / HTM / GIF / JPG / NES / PC-E / GB etc. file format, directly burn.
- Game time / Hardware save / SMS / Power consume saving ....
- Full range of memory size, from 128M ~ 1024M, full set include XGTurbo 2005 cart / USB
2.0 extension able / 2 set cell bettery and USB loader.
This USB link cable connects PC USB port and does not require GAMEBOY
ADVANCE or GBA SP for
writing ROMS - thats good news to Nintendo DS users who do not own a GBA. Same as with XG2Linker II it is possible to backup Game roms
from Nintendo made Gameboy cartridges to computer
and manage SaveGames - .sav files on them.
XG2 Turbo 2005 Flash Card
XGflash2 Turbo Flash Card that we tested was nice
black - matching the color of my GBA SP. Other colors
are avilable The physical size of the XG2Turbo flash
card is the same as any other Nintendo GBA
cartridge so it fits in the GameBoy perfectly. The
main characteristics of the XG2T carts:
- Flash memory size 256M - 1G for storing gba game
- 2M separate SRAM Save Game memory for .sav files
- Built-in Super Memory Stick (SMS) save game
manager with additional 28 mem slots!
- Real-Time Clock (RTC2) that supports Pokemon
and Our sun games
- Built-in Boot loader that doesn't take up any
of the Flash Memory space and lets it all be used
for game ROMS.
- Lowest GBA battery power consumption to date.
11 mA (XG1 - 80mA)
(That is even lower than using EZ2 PowerStar)
as mentioned before we tested the 256M cartridge.
Byte on PC = 8M bits in GBA) so it can hold anywhere
from 2 to 8 commercial gba roms.
8 x 32M gba games / 4 x 64M roms
/ 2 x 128M or a mixture of games up to 256M in size.
cartridge can also be used for playing emulated
NES, SNES, GB, GBC, Z80, SEGA roms
ect. as well as specially encoded MPEG and AVI video
files, MP3 files, Slideshows and e-Books. The cartridge
we got came pre-Flashed with XGflash Power Viewer
- windows like application for GBA that had some
instruction TXT files and pictures of the cartridges
that we could view on GAMEBOY.
All the different save game
formats are supported
by hardware without rom patching:
SRAM, 1M SRAM, Flash, 1M Flash, EEPROM,
v1244 EEPROM so you will not have any problems with games not being able to
save your progress.
What is different from other carts is the built-in
Super Memory Stick (SMS). This feature lets
you backup / restore game saves in separate memory
so that you can have more than one save file for
any game. Or you can hold gamesaves for roms that
are not on the cartridge but you plan on playing
later. For example, I and my brother are playing
Bayblades Vforce but the game has only one save game
slot so after I play I backup my sav and my bother
can play and save without worrying that he will overwrite
my save. I can even erase the game from the flash
card, play and save some other roms and a month later
when I put the Bayblades back on the cart I can restore
the save game and continue from where I left off.
Something that you wouldn't worry about if you had
a separate cartridge for every game but it is important
if you have 8 games on the cart. Plus SMS memory
doesn't use any battery power so savegames will never
be lost because of the battery running out.
Real-Time Clock version 2 (RTC2)
- works just like it does on Nintendo cartridges
plus it is fully compatible with all games that have
time related events (Pokemon, Our Sun, Gba PDA) and
again there is no need to patch.
Another thing that s different and better than on
other flash cards is that the Boot
Loader - that
is the menu where you can see and select the games
that you have on the flash card doesn't use Flash
Memory. On other cards this menu takes up ~25KB or
the memory That is not much but it means that if
you have 2 x 128M roms on the 256M card one of them
would have to be reduced in size to fit the loader
but that can not be done with all of the roms so
sometimes you couldn't fit these 2 128M games on
the 256M cart because of the loader! With XG2Turbo
carts you don't have to worry about it.
In the Boot menu of the XG2T you have 3 options:
- [Start Game] - select and start playing
one of the game roms
- [Manage] -
SMS save game manger Backup / Restore or Delete
- [Clock Adjust] - set or reset the RTC
clock time YY/MM/DD
The software supplied with XG2 allows
you to read / write roms to the cartridge
and also GamesSave from and to SMS. What we especially liked about writing roms to the
cart is that if you like you can manually edit the
Game Title that you will see in the Boot
Menu. Also new features like direct support for NES, GB/GBC, Z80, PCE roms has been added.
XG2005 Slim Loader III installation.
Software and Drivers for the XG2T come on a mini CD. It is always the best to check online
to see if a newer version has been released.
SHORT XG2 2005 installation instructions.
Install the software [Install -> Next
-> Next -> Finish]
Plug in the
USB linker and browse to the drivers located in the
XG2Linker to GBA/GBASP EXT. port
down START+SELECT and turn on the GAMEBOY
XG2Flash client ad you are ready to go!
- Latest generation linker kit - now compatible with NDS (for playing GBA roms)
- Hardware compatible with all save game formats
- USB 2.0 and USB 1.1
Realtime Clock (RTC version 2)
- Inbuilt 4Mb Super Memory
- Very low power consumption - 10h+ play time
flash cart can hold 8 gba games
- Simple to install
- Save Game battery can be changed without opening cart
- Can not remove multi boot menu (could cause problems for nintendo ds homebrew developers using PassMe mod chip)
- GBAnet can highly suggest this GBA Flash Linker
& Card set as one of the most advance, compatible
and feature rich linkers on the market.
&Buy at Linker4U.com
List of stores selling GBA Flash Cards