X-ROM Driver Installation
X-Rom Install and How-To Guide
(NEW-updated on Jan 27
This guide will help you to install the GBA X-Rom drivers and
the Little Writer software.
Please read this guide in FULL first BEFORE you begin.
X-Rom Drivers Installation Guide.
1. Do NOT Connect Your X-Rom Linker Yet to your computer
(that means don't plug the linker (USB cable) into you computer)
2. Unzip the file "X-rom drivers.zip"
3. Install the program "X-rom Drivers.exe"
4. Follow Instructions of the Install
5. If you are using Windows-XP you will get a warning box just
For users of Windows 2000 and Windows 98 you will NOT see this
5. Now after you click "Finish" connect the X-Rom Linker
to any free USB port on your PC
Do NOT use a HUB use a direct free USB post. Hubs are not recommended
due to the extra voltage they draw form the USB port.
6. A dialog box may appear asking you for a driver point it the "Program
Files\X-Rom Drivers" (For Windows 2000 it does not appear
for Windows 98 and XP it does appear)
This will complete the install process and your X-Rom Linker will
now be installed correctly.
You can verify this by going to your control panel and clicking
on system then open up "Device Manager" (for Windows
2000 and XP owners you have to click on hardware first) Once device
manager is opened up you will see "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" (It's
the last one at the bottom of the list) You should now see the "X-Rom
GBA Link Port Cable" listed. If you do and don't have anything
warning you that this driver is not installed correctly usually
by a yellow marker then this means that your driver is installed
7. You're done for installing the X-Rom drivers on your PC.
Note: If you are having any problems please go to www.help-forums.com
Under Product Support Nintendo/GBA Products you can post your problems
I will do my best to answer them.
GBA X-ROM Software
USB PC Drivers
XROM Software Instalation and Users Guide
to GBA 512M X-ROM
- SuperCard DSTWO 3DS - for playing GBA on DSi and GBA roms on Nintendo 3DS
- R4 3DS Card - reviews, firmware updates, comparison.
- R4 3DS - the official R4i Gold SDHC website.
- 3DS Emulator - PC Windows 7 & Vista, Android and for Mac OSX
- AceKard 3 - cheap 3DS compatible alternative cart.
- R4 3DS Mod-Chip - Jailbreak and Unlock N3DS.
- NDS ROMs - Nintendo DS Roms, 3DS ROM files and emulators for classic consoles.